Docklands Glow Festival
Docklands Winter Glow Festival is part of City of Melbourne’s broader winter marketing campaign, designed to promote Docklands as a top-of-mind destination and combat the 11 per cent drop in pedestrian traffic in the city that occurs in the colder months.
The festival will highlight the depth of the areas offering with a program of vibrant activity.
– GLOW ART – GLOW PROGRESSIVE DINNERS – GLOW WORKSHOPS – GLOW TALKS
Papermill Media has been appointed to collaborate with a number of local businesses to activate the Docklands through four key activities running from 28 June – 23 August.
As part of the 2017 Docklands Winter Glow Festival, two locations will be activated with engaging and interactive artworks.
• Installed in Victoria Harbour
• The artwork will have a 3D element to encourage social sharing
• The artwork will be adapted and replicated across participating businesses to highlight their involvement in the Glow Festival
• This artwork is to be installed on June 28th
Four Glow Progressive Dinners will be held throughout the Winter Glow Festival.
– Wed 28 June: Saluminsti, Banoi and Tap 831
– Wed 5 July: Black Cod, Watermark Docklands and Wawa Chocolatier
– Thurs 13 July: Woolshed, Mama Rumaan and Mill and Bakery
– Wed 19 July: Cargo Restaurant and Bar, Berth Restaurant and Events and Bopha Devi.
Glow Workshops is a series of activities designed to teach locals and visitors about the different services and businesses offered at Docklands.
• The workshops will be hosted by a range of local business and ticketed through EventBrite
• Workshops will include: 1. Wawa Chocolatier Hot Chocolate Masterclass 2. Saluministi Porchetta Workshop 3. F45 Training 4. 3D Printing class 5. O’Brien Group Arena – Ice Skating Skills Lesson 6. Comedy In The Dark 7. Terrarium Building at Bopha Devi
• Bookings and ticketing will be managed by Papermill Media
Glow Talks is a free intimate speaker series held at Library at The Dock.
• Hosted in the Activities Room at Library at The Dock, some of Melbourne’s most unique personalities will present
• The series includes: 1. Father Bob Maguire 2. A Focus On Fashion Lana Wilkinson (Stylist), Margie Woods (Founder and Creative Director Margie Woods from Viktoria & Woods), Melissa Singer (Age Fashion Editor) 3. The Future of Food Nicolas Georges (Monash University Professor), Karen Inge (Sports Dietitian of Dineamic), Ravi Presser (Founding Chef of Feast of Merit) 4. Melbourne’s Role in Social Enterprise Kylie Wallace (Campaign Manager, YGAP), Nick Pearce (Founder of HoMie), Jarrod Briffa (CEO of Kinfolk)
• Promotion of the event, bookings and ticketing will be managed by Papermill Media on behalf of City of Melbourne
Watch this space and our Facebook for full details as they are released
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016